Thank you for your interest in EESA membership! Here’s what you need to know about becoming a member:
NOTICE TO MEMBERS:
Renewals were due on December 31st 2019, memberships not paid up will be deactivated by January 31st.
As of January 1st 2020 recent changes to the guest policy at East Elgin will be implemented. Members and their guests will now be required to make use of one shooting station only and have only one person at a time shooting. This change is due to recent incidents involving unsupervised guests and is aimed at preventing the EESA from experiencing similar situations as two other clubs in Southern Ontario have. Below is our entire Guest Policy with the changes.
PLEASE NOTE: Members with guests are now required to make use of one shooting station only and only one person at a time shooting, this change is the result of recent incidents by unsupervised guests. This also assures shooting stations will be available for members.
Each member is allowed to bring up to 3 guests up to 3 times per year.
New members during their probationary period (90 days) are allowed to bring only 1 guest at a time.
Guests MUST complete and place in the office mail slot a Guest / Visitor waiver located in the club house. All ranges also have waivers and mail boxes supplied to deposit forms. This form MUST be completed or the member is putting the club at risk. If the form is not completed the Guest / Visitor is NOT covered by our insurance and any incidents that may occur are the sole responsibility and liability of the member who brought the guest. Failure to complete the required form(s) will result in a 30 day suspension of guest privileges.
Understand that members are 100% responsible for the actions of their guests at all times and must not be left unattended at any time. Members must ensure their guests do not have unsupervised access to any firearm unless that person is licensed for that type of firearm. Supervision of a shooter on the firing line is one on one.
Our next New Member Orientation Day is Saturday January 18th at 9:00 am.
To register please fill out the Orientation form below and you will receive an email response with all the necessary information.
Please note: we are having issues with hotmail addresses, if you do not see a response from us within 24 hours check your trash or spam folders. If you still don’t see our email please call 226-927-8831 to ensure you are registered for the orientation.
Membership is available in the following ways:
- Single (Individual) Membership – Single membership with no spousal or family extensions
- Dual Membership – Is a primary membership with a spouse where each member requires individual access. Both members must reside at the same address, and both will be issued separate access cards.
- Family Membership – Is a primary member and/or spouse and/or minor children (under the age of majority). All family members must reside at the same address. One access card issued to the primary member only, family members must be accompanied by the primary card holder at all times.
|New Member Fees||
EESA Fee *
CSSA Fee **
|Admin Fee ***|
* Membership fees are pro-rated. As a new member, you only pay for the number of months remaining in the year. Example: If your membership activates on June 1st, your member fees would be $170.92 ($293 / 12 *7). Note that after your initial membership is activated, all memberships expire December 31st of the current year. Your membership renewal for the following year will therefore be due December 31st.
** The Canadian Shooting Sports Association provides our members with insurance. All members are required to have a current CSSA membership. CSSA membership fees are also pro-rated.
*** Administration Fee is a one-time fee paid by all members of EESA when they became members. This is paid one time only when joining and is not applied to renewals.
****Indoor range access is an additional $30 (one time fee). This will activate your member card for the indoor range.
Once you are a member, you may opt to reduce your yearly fees with volunteer hours!
Approved methods of payment are cash, cheque, debit, Mastercard or VISA on-site during orientation. New members must be present at the time of payment. Phone or mail in credit card numbers are not accepted.
All new members are required to attend a new member sign up/orientation day.
Attending a sign up/orientation day, new members will:
- Meet other members
- Pay for yearly dues
- Get their photo taken for their ID card
- Take the club safety training course
- Receive a new members information package
- Take a guided tour of the EESA facilities
The guided tour will be run by a qualified EESA member who will be able to answer any questions on the facilities and explain any range-specific rules that may apply. The tour consists of:
- 300m range
- Trap range
- 45m range
- 50m range
- 100m range
- 3D archery range
- 25m Indoor Pistol range
- 25m Indoor Air Rifle/Archery range
- Club Pond
- 4-25m Outdoor Ranges
Orientation days are ran monthly throughout the year. To sign up for the next orientation day, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Next orientation date is noted at the top of this page.
Frequently asked questions:
- I just want to shoot. Do I have to be a member? – East Elgin Sportsmen’s Association is a members only club. We think that you will really enjoy meeting new friends and using our great facilities as a member. However, there are a few activities throughout the year that are open to non-members. Keep an eye on this website “Special Events ” page for a list of activities and dates.
- Why do I have to pay CSSA fees? – The Canadian Shooting Sports Association provides our members with insurance. All members are required to have a current CSSA membership.
- Why do I have to pay a “One Time New Membership Fee” of $150? – Your yearly membership fees help keep the club running. Your one-time administration fee helps pay for new expansions and the many ongoing expenses of operating a club the size of EESA. All members paid this fee when they joined the club.