We have received enough inquiries concerning the vaccine passport coming into effect September 22nd that the East Elgin Board of Directors felt it was necessary to address them.
The BOD met and have decided at this point in time we will not be requiring any members to provide proof of vaccination to attend any of the indoor facilities at The East Elgin Sportsmen’s Association. This decision was based on the press release of September 1st from the Ontario Premier’s Office.
As of September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities. This approach focuses on higher-risk indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn and includes:
- Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout);
- Nightclubs (including outdoor areas of the establishment);
- Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres;
- Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities with the exception of youth recreational sport;
- Sporting events;
- Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments;
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas;
- Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs;
- Racing venues (e.g., horse racing).
We do not feel the EESA falls into any of the categories outlined in the above document. We are not a public venue and we are not a high risk indoor setting where face masks can not be always worn. We have, and will continue to strictly enforce the wearing of masks by al members while inside any facility on the EESA property.
If this changes, or if the mandates from the provincial government change, we will re-address at that time and make any decisions or changes known to our membership.